Monday, May 08, 2017

I Haven't Seen You For the Last 20 Years!

Yesterday my family attended our friend's son's First Communion. Although we came home at a very decent hour we were all tired. My son fell asleep at about 11:00. Hence, this morning when I saw my son sleeping so angelically in bed, I decided to let him sleep until he woke up on his own. He got up at 8:10. I don't think he is able to sleep longer than that! This morning was a very relaxed and peaceful Monday morning. On the way to school we stopped at the post office and then slowly made our way into the school's office to get a late slip.

We walked in and I looked at the face of the school secretary. It looked very familiar although mature and professional. I blinked and took another look. She was looking down at the computer. No, there was no mistake in my mind. Before I jumped to hug this woman I decided to make sure. I stuttered with a low, morning voice , "Ewa". At first she seemed to not hear me but then, she looked up and looked at me with a serious face. She didn't say anything nor she made any facial expressions. She just kept looking at me. I wanted to go behind the counter and hug her but I stepped back thinking that I could be wrong. I said "EWA" again. This time I said it as a question. She smiled. Yes! Now I was sure it was my best friend from the high school years!!!!!!!!!! There were three of us. Zaneta, Ewa and Ewa. The first one moved to Sudbury, the second one stayed in Toronto for a while and the third one moved back to Poland for a while. There is a lot more to the high school story but it is not for today. Something got lost in translation and we lost touch with each other.




Have it not been for the fact that we slept in today, I would have not met her. She would be right here, in my neighbourhood and I wouldn't have known! Fate is an incredible thing. I don't believe it is just a coincidence! I am speechless about how this life thing operates!!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...