Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday with The Truth Stone

I found a nicely polished, perfectly round, coal black stone today. The golden letters on it spelled the word 'TRUTH'. It made me think about it all the way home. What is truth? What do we know about truth? How do we define it?


According to Wikipedia it is as follows:
Truth:tro͞oTH/ 
the quality or state of being true.

"he had to accept the truth of her accusation"

  • that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.
    noun: the truth

    "tell me the truth"

    synonyms:what actually happened, the case, so

  • a fact or belief that is accepted as true.
    plural noun: truths

    "the emergence of scientific truths"

    synonyms:factveritycertaintycertitude

So it could be that something I believe to be the truth may not necessarily be valid for someone else to be true! Therefore, the fact, the reality is different depending who is perceiving it, and from which point of view it was taken, the context. So instead of searching for the truth wouldn't it be just easier to stop judging people and accept them the way they are because you will never get in their heads and walk in their shoes. So, let them be, let them go in peace. Do your own thing. And the only thing that you can pray for is that they do the same and let you be you and stop annoying you with the eternal search for what the truth is. Their truth.



I found this quote that i particularly like and believe to be true to meThe water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence. Rabindranath Tagore



So pardon me if you find me quiet. I am just trying to stay true to myself and let you stay true to yourself. All we need is love with a touch of acceptance! I wish you all happy Friday and a sunny weekend...despite the weather!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...