Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Rainy Tuesday

Rain again! I just came back from the outside. I walked my son to the school bus thinking it is amazing that we have four seasons even though they can be very short, even invisible. I love rain because is relaxes me and adds a nice zen background noise. And we all know that after this rain is done with us, the grey and black parks, streets and trees will turn into amazing light green, and who knows maybe even some blossoms!! Rain is never bad and pointless!



In Kashiwara and Kamikawa I used to work with watercolour colour pencils a lot. I would draw things from my imagination like this one. For me, it represents a period in time of my life. I think that it is for the viewer to find a story and a meaning in a picture or a painting. I thinks this is a purpose of art. It is for each of us to find our meaning and our truth that is relevant to us. That is why the viewer, the receiver is as important in art as the artist him/herself.

In 2004, I decided to do something special for my husband's birthday. We had always partied for birthday, but this time i wanted something that would stand out. I made surprise reservations for me and my husband to a Noh Theatre. It is one of the classical forms of Japanese forms of theatre. Another one is Kabuki that is more popular and known among visitors to Japan. Noh has a very elaborate mask and costume design. And it is know for being very long and involves singing and dancing. The story usually is about some hero or heroine that goes through some dramatic events.
I wouldn't take a small child to the show just because the masks can be terrifying to a young audience. They are very vivid and express a lot of emotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYNFzDN4SJ8

It was an extremely interesting experience to see it live. I think we lasted at the theatre for 3 hours. Normally the play lasts for about 4-5. Just imagine the strength of these actors to last on the stage for so long! People who come there regularly know every single story well because they are very well known traditional stories that are told to children. These people are real connoisseurs of Japanese culture! I wish i knew more about this type of theatre. It is fascinating and the plays are very hypnotic! Do go if you ever have a chance.

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...