Thursday, April 20, 2017

Thursday Carries Babushka and The Star Release

I had a request yesterday from my dear, dear friend to talk about this painting. My Babushka is in her possession, in Japan. I love this person like my own sister! I cannot stress enough, my dear friend, how important you are to me! We had so many good times at work and after work! I can only wish we can have a few more in the future and i will die a happy woman! You crossed my path in the time when i needed a genuine, non-judgemental, honest friend. I have admired your honesty and truthfulness to what you want and and you were not shy to express it. I always knew what to expect from your friendship. Security, loyalty and honesty. Thank you for giving me strength to be the best I could be!

Babushka and The Star Release

Babushka represents me for I am of Slavic by origin. The little blond boy is my son. In most of my mother and son paintings so far the mother has closed eyes. I am trying to say by it that she feels safe and confident, she doesn't need to look to know that everything is all right. Her face is calm and peaceful with a sleep-like expression. It shows that she is gentle but at the same time, she can be like a lioness that will do anything to protect her young. She lets her little son do what he does best, bring happiness to her with his play and his ability. As it turns our he is the bringer of clear night skies. He releases stars from his jar and lets them out into the dark universe. Her son is a miracle-maker without people even knowing that it is he who makes it possible. They are sitting in a nest of daisies. These flowers are pure and innocent like the mother and son. I feel every mother thinks of her baby to be supernatural, amazing child with super intelligence and unthinkable abilities. I am no different. I imagine my son brings peace and brightens the night sky with stars for me. And as he grows to be a man he will do the same for other people in his world.

I painted this thinking about my son but when I was giving it to my friend I was ready to repaint it to make it more applicable to my friend and her son. But my forever thoughtful friend denied the offer and asked me to leave it just the way I originally painted. My dear friend, I hope your children spread stars on the night sky for you every night!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...