Wednesday, April 26, 2017

You are Worth It!

What a glorious day it is today. Although, it is a cloudy day, we have nothing to complain. It is a great walking weather. The news this morning has been entertaining as well. I can only imagine the faces of those poor firemen who were called to rescue a woman hanging from a crane at Yonge and Wellesley! I seriously think she was seeking attention. And she's got it!



In the afternoon, I was travelling on the subway home from my mom's place. I got on the southbound subway. I found no seat for myself so I humbly adopted a convenient place to stand on the side. I had my earphones plugged, my music on, so life was good. It was about to get better. All of a sudden, a very well dressed man tapped on my shoulder. He was an older but very elegant looking man in a dark blue suit with an old leather bag on his shoulder. I pulled my earphones out. "Why don't you take my seat," he said. Wow! I was blown away right that minute. Do man like this still exist? I didn't know! I didn't suspect! Again, wow! I asked, "what about you", thinking that he was definitely older than me and deserved to sit more than I did. He assured me that he would be fine standing up. Wow! So indeed, gentlemen still exist!?? They didn't die out like dinosaurs?? I mean, I teach my 9 year old son already savoir vivre of being a man the old European style, and my husband is trying to keep up what he grew up with, but I would never expect that one would still be hiding in the jungles of Toronto!

I thanked him as graciously as I could and sat down. Then, overthinking hit me. I am aging that fast? Do I look that old that I need to sit down? My gosh! I left home so confident with my make up on, my amazing poncho, new shoes...damn! But wait a minute...nah! I look amazing! I must look appealing and sexy! Yeah!! Yup! I am definitely worth giving up a seat! What was I thinking! I have fallen a victim of a false feminism for a moment there! The fact that men give up their seats to women or open doors for them has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to do it for yourself nor with physical or mental capacity! Ladies! We are simply worth it! We are WOMEN!! It should be celebrated with small gestures like that! I drink to that! Cheers ladies and gentlemen!!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...