Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day Gift

Friday night, after I put my son to bed I poured myself a nice glass of wine, sat down in the living-room at the kotatsu and tried to relax. The next minute I saw my son slowly and quietly sneak out of the bedroom and come towards me. He does that stunt whenever he doesn't want to go to sleep, which is always! That's the time when he asks for a million things or a million things hurt or bother him. And usually I have to raise my voice to make him go back to bed. Then, at about 10 p.m. he calls me for the second 'buzi' (goodnight kiss) and then he finally falls asleep. That's our daily routine.



But this time I was relaxed or maybe too tired to react and just waited for him to explain himself. When he was close to me he leaned over to my ear and whispered, "Mommy, instead of second 'buzi', can I give you your mother's day present?" I just couldn't be serious or be angry at that point. He melted my heart. I hugged him and asked if he couldn't wait and keep a secret til Sunday. He nodded with "a cute puppy" look. So Friday night I got two cards, one in French, one in English and a beautiful framed picture my son drew. A lizard climbing a tree and around it there were little stars. As my son explained, they were it's babies. I love my son and I would give my life for him! My champion, my knight, my pomme de terre, my star!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

An absolutely beautiful and meaningful Mothers Day gift Dear Eva!

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...