Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I have been working on a new painting. It is a portrait of a small girl. I promised myself to finish before the weekend but it is not going to happen. I need more white paint! I get especially nervous when I have to draw or paint children, They are so challenging in every aspect of this statement. They need a special kindness and delicate touch. Also, they need unmistakable hew.  The colour must be pale but still convey reality! It is really challenging for me but I have to finish fast! It consumes me. I can't do anything else. And when I am not painting I sit on the sofa and stare at the unfinished work. I study it to find any discrepancies or irregularities. I look for any possible changes and corrections.

Colouring Pages, 2016

Once, when I was on maternity leave a friend of mine organised an auction and a sale to donate earnings to an orphanage or some other cause for children. He came to me and asked me to draw or paint a baby. I accepted the challenge but I failed terribly. I was not prepared for the theme. I had no skill for painting babies!

A Sketch for V's Painting, 2017 

Later that year I spoke to another artist who saw my drawing and gave me a lot of useful tips on how to draw and paint children. I remember every word to this day. I hope I am using the info correctly and effectively. Soon for you to judge!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...