Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday I Will Be Myself

On Wednesday I went to visit my mom at Yonge and Eglinton area. As I walked from the subway station I passed a few post boards on the northern side of Eglinton. I noticed an interesting post, and  decided to stop and investigate. It was a sheet of paper with just a few words written on the main part of the page, " Today I will be." At the bottom of the page there were about 10 strips of paper to be torn out by interested parties. On each strip there was a different phrase.  "helpful", "honest", "myself", "understanding", "strong", etc. I thought for a moment as my hand went from one side to the other, back and forth a few times. I didn't know which one I wanted to be the most. I needed to make a quick decision. I tore out.....can you guess?

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
Beautiful flowers grow so colourful. Yet they still grow out of simple bulbs. All the same underneath. This was my therapy drawing that I did in 2002. There is nothing more relaxing than drawing complicated root systems!

This morning I took out the same pair of pant from and checked the pockets. I felt a little piece of paper touch my hand. I took it out and slowly read it. Today I will be " myself." I always forget how to be myself because I try to please people around me. I like to feel their happiness because it makes me feel good to see them smile and being content. I do it so often that I forget to ask myself what makes me happy. I lose myself in their happiness so much that I don't remember about myself. That absolutely doesn't mean that I am unhappy. No way! I am happy through the people I love. But the point here is to be myself, be happy through my own contentment. Friday will be a struggle but I shall try!

Happy Friday, friends! Be yourself!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...