Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Wednesday's Frustration Brewing

Yes! Frustration! I feel helpless and without any say! Everyday last week I would make sure that my son is warm, well dress, feeling cool. And two out of those three days he came back without his top wear. Black Colombia fleece, Red and Navy GAP hoodie, dark blue sweater with buttons at the front! I realise that little boys are forgetful and in their heads there are a million more important things to remember than their clothes, but me and my husband work hard on all this so that he can be cool at school. I refuse to be a victim!! On Monday, I went to school to have a look at the lost and found but all I saw was some dirty old clothes from at least five years ago!!

Colouring Pages Series

Last night I wrote a long and straight from the heart message to my son's teacher so that she would help him find at least one of those items. So this morning she sent him to the lost and found and while he was there (most likely he only  looked at the box without even touching it!) she just asked if any of the class-mates took it! I am furious! Last winter my son came back without his winter jacket. And I am asking here were was the teacher who let's them on the school bus!!! Did this person not see a little boy getting on the bus without any winter wear in a minus XX degrees weather!!! How careless or heartless do you have to be? I complained to the principal. Don't let me get into that story!! There is nowhere to go and complain! Nobody will stand in your defence! If it was a poor old lady working for me as a babysitter I could sue her pants off! But in this case it is the Big Man! The state! How can I even point out their wrong! What can I do!? I feel like a little ant right before a huge boot steps on it and trashes it's home! But inside I am on fire! I need to figure this out! I need to act!


But if I see a kid wearing my son's clothes in the neighbourhood I will let the parent have it! I will not leave a dry spot on this person! I hope that is not the case and that it is just a misunderstanding or mistake and the clothes come back to my son. You know it is not even about the clothes. It is about a principle. People need to keep principles because they are people!! Am I naive? I am all about principles! Once I took my landlord to the Landlord/ Tenant Board. It is a court for residential issues. Wynn Realty left me all through the winter with no heat while I was pregnant. They didn't eve attempt to fix anything despite my calling regularly! Then, when I put forth the report they sent a guy to fix it hastingly and in the court they said that I lied just to be compensated. I was persistent. I didn't wink. I didn't let go of the rope. Well, the mediator there asked me why I was doing all that? Why was I wasting time like that. When I told him that it was all about principles for me, he laughed and said that nobody does it for those reasons anymore. Such a donkey that person was! Really?!! I persisted so long that the landlord called me to his office, admitted their wrongdoing privately, and we settled. Don't people get it? We must be civilised! Respect each other and each other's property!

I know I an just enfuriated and I will come down eventually. But definitely not today, nor tomorrow! I must do something! Any suggestions are welcomed!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...