Friday, February 24, 2017

Aleksander's Dream Box

It's year 2012. After three years of carrying the idea of an art exhibition,  painting and collecting pictures on paper, I finally work up the courage to approach the owner of the local gallery organized in a beautifully renovated "kura" building. Kamiishi-san says "yes", in fact he is wondering why I haven't done it sooner!

Kamiishi-san. I don't know if I should say this but every time I speak to him and look at him all I can see in his face is "the divine stone", the exact translation of his last name. He is calm, gentle, sensitive yet a very good businessman. There is something royal about him.We have known him for the last three years of our residence in Chichibu. We were introduced by the other Polish person in this town.


















Oh my goodness! Kamiishi-san and his family turn out to be the most gracious host of my art. He helps me organise and hang it the night before the opening. I have goosebumps. They become a very normal thing now! Aleksander's Dream Box it very much happening! Aleksander's Dream Box is a collection of very light pictures. They are what I think is in a child's collection of dreams and thoughts. An illustration of child's psyche. I don't dispute I simplified them, making them easy to understand for adults.

This event in my life was made so easy for me! This is HUGE! All I can say is "Thank you" to all the people involved, the earth they walk and the air that surrounds them!



The day of the opening. November 1st, 2012. We come to the "Kamiishi Gallery" at 11:00. As it turns our Kamiishi-san opened it an hour before. I walk in with some snacks and some drinks for the first guests. I am incredibly surprised. No! I am blown right out of my boots by the kindness of some of our Japanese friends. I find amazingly beautiful, magnificent arrangements of flowers in the corners of the gallery. They are sent to me with little notes of appreciation. I read them and I cry. Wow! I belong here! These wonderful people see me for who I am. Thank you Ikeda Family, Ideura-sensei, Hikaru and a few others. This is too much! I am too lucky! I am accepted!


This picture was added to the collection on the day of the opening. I painted it the same night that we hang all the pictures in the gallery. When we finished we realized that there was one more spot empty and available. I came back home. Got my paints and pencils, brushed, and just made lines without planning or thinking about the painting. I guess this amazing subconscious came out on paper. I call this 'Mother's Love', although most of the pictures in this collection have no names. They are for you, the viewer to develop them for yourself. This almost octopus looking hair, resembling arms and hands,  covers and protects her son. There is a lot of peace and comfort in this picture. Her eyes are closed while she is embracing her little son who is also sleeping. Pure harmony and safety. We all crave what she is feeling at this moment. 

This painting was not planned. It was meant to be. 



4 comments:

aska said...

Great post!

Ewa Zawadzka said...

You are very kind!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Unknown said...

I really love the Mother's love painting...

Ewa Zawadzka said...

Thank you very much!

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...