Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ste. Sault Marie Weekend

A Monday after a long break can be very depressing. But there is nothing worst than a Tuesday that feels like a Monday after the long weekend! However, you have to look on the bright side of things!
Let's face it, we had an amazing long weekend! We couldn't have a better weather! It was glorious! I am smiling just thinking about it! Also, on Friday as I drove my family to Sudbury, I saw the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. The clouds were like strawberry swirl ice cream. The pinkiest pinks and purplest purples. That reminds me of one time when I painted a sunset with only purples and pinks in it. Absolutely no blue. The clouds were swirling around each other and expanding their bellies full of water. My husband said that there were no sunsets like that in reality! Well, there it was! Last Friday, February 17th, 2017.

Today, I don't have a painting for you but I am offering you three pictures of the place I visited this weekend. They truly inspire me to pick up the brushes! And I can guarantee you that there is a painting coming very soon! That place is my muse and my inspiration. There is nothing more breathtaking than standing in a complete silence that is broken by a sound of crow's wings up in the sky. I hope this paints a picture for you. Also, I want to tell you that I have always known this but it surprises me every time when I see it. As soon as you leave the city you see how much colour there is in winter! You have brown leaves over-sleeping on tree branches, white bark of birches, deep browns of the ground, greens of pines and other evergreens, and bright reds of twigs here and there. I saw that with my own eyes last Saturday as we were leaving Sudbury for Ste. Sault Marie.  All that goodness was crowned with a morning fog and virgin snow. Amazing. Romantic. Real!





No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...