Tuesday, November 21, 2017

What Is Important in Life

Today I would like to think about things that make this dream called life worth living. I was prompted by a few of very important people in my life to think about it. When you stop and think, and list things that made you feel good in the last, let's say, 24 hours, you come up with things like this.



What makes life worth living:

1. A good conversation
2. Two or three friends that make you think about important things in life
3. A nice meal prepared with love
4. A good drink or two
5. Good memories
6. Compassion and understanding
7. Someone waiting for you
8. A well-mannered and loving pet
9. A warm home and a cozy evening on the coach
10. A moment of silence in peaceful meditation.

This is what one can come up with just on the spot. This is just things that I experience in one day. It doesn't get more important than this! Yesterday I had a conversation with my son about being rich and what it means. I explained that there is a very misleading concept of being rich in material things in today's society. To my son's incredible surprise, I told him that I was very rich because I had him and his dad as my life companions, I had a baggage of amazing memories and experiences, I had a small yet tight group of friends I would trust my life with, I had a warm home, amazing food not even daily but three or more times a day, I had winter boots,summer shoes, high heels, flip flops, clean water in the convenience of my tap, I had an amazing cat, furniture that I chose to have. But most of all, I had faith, hope and love.

What I wanted to convey to him was that all these things make me real enough to realise how much riches I have. I have all that is important in life. And the things I can wish for... well...I could wish for more encounters with real people. But it is a story for another post!

Have a Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! I had a similar but shorter conversation with a casual friend recently about what it means to be truly rich which is exactly as you so accurately explained in a lovely compelling manner. Thank you, because what true richness is, is what people need to hear about again and again in our modern day society.

Ewa Zawadzka said...

You are absolutely right, Anita. Thank you for agreeing with me. I try me best so that my son understands it even at this early age. It will make his life more satisfying and full, respectful, compassionate towards others and sensitive to their uniqueness. At the same time, it will give him depth some adults have not discovered.

It is also very important to have an amazing family that understands one. Sending love, hug and kisses!

F£ö said...

I love your blog !! Can't stop reading it, skipping no article.
I totally agree with you. In my previous life (before 30 years-old, ie before my first travel), I thought being rich meant earning a lot of money, as the society teach us.
I discover that it's not true, and am very happy now I stop running after more and more money.
Quote from Albert Einstein : "A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness."
You are truely an incredible women and mom. Keep writing, you are very inspiring :-)

Ewa Zawadzka said...

Thank you so much, Florian! Your kind words truly keep me motivated and inspired to hear, see, feel and keep sane!

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...