Thursday, February 16, 2017

Jiving Alek and Viktoria

This is it my friends! Friday is here! I have been busy all week working on a painting. This is an image taken at The Falls Premier Dance where my son and his dance partner competed. They won the first and third place. I am one proud mama!! On January 29th, we all got in a car and drove to Niagara Falls for this competition. It was held at Marriott by the Falls. Surprisingly both kids were not nervous at all as opposed to us, parents! The first dance was Cha-Cha, then Jive at 14:00. At 14:30 they danced again, only Cha-cha. They did a superb job! I had to hold my breath to stop myself from crying. I will not pretend that I thought they were the best pair on the floor even though they just did the basic steps. But after only a month of lessons to be able to compete with your head up high... that is an achievement. To win the first place after just a month of learning is the whole new ball game! Watch out people! These are the Champions in the making! And I am not just saying this because I am his mama! Mark my words!

When I saw the pictures from this event I knew I had to paint them. They look amazing together! She is so beautiful and elegant. She reminds me of a graceful and a delicate swan. Tall, slim and so incredibly straight like a real dancer. And he beside her looks like a grown up gentleman! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this feeling of adoration that I have for them! I love them!

This is jive. It is a very fast dance. Dancers must move very vigorously yet manage to raise their knees high and keep they posture straight for 1 minute and 30 seconds (at this competition). This dance used to be popular in the 1940's in the U.S where it found its origins in Afro-American culture. It quickly became popular as the American soldiers danced and partied in Europe after the WWII.

Keep jivin' all weekend long!! See you on Tuesday! I am off to Ste. Sault Marie for the weekend!



Jiving Alek and Viktoria




No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...