Thursday, February 23, 2017

Manna

We all have certain aspirations, plans, ambitions when we grow up. But some of us grow with a sense that the world owes them everything, that everything comes in abundance for free. When I first met my husband I was blown away by my luck. I thought that since that moment nothing can conquer me, own me, nothing can harm me. I also thought that from that moment the world would give us everything because we are so incredible, larger than life together! "Manna From Heaven" relates to that cocky and eccentric period in my life. I was studying Anthropology, painting, travelling and spending money that wasn't mine to keep. I am relating here to the ever present student loan. Although life has not spoilt me one bit, I can't complain. I won't complain. I am not really going to say that I am haven't got my  "manna from heaven."
















"Manna From Heaven"


Many years later, while living in Japan, when we experienced life beyond "free manna from heaven" I decided that it was time to reach higher. "Star Gazing" came to life. We had everything handed to us on a silver plate. Japan was kind, inviting and generous. The symbolic sky was right there within our reach!


"Star Gazing"

There was one more idea called "Surprise from Heaven" which i sketched many times but always threw it in the trash can. So part three doesn't exist in the physical world. I am certain that it never will. It was supposed to represent the same two characters. One of them is turned sideways to show us a big belly. Yes, you are guessing right. There is a surprise hidden there waiting to be born. My surprise has been born in 2008, so the element of reference and relevance for me has gone irreversibly. There will not be another.

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...