Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Self-Portret

I. There is a lot of preoccupation with "I" these days. Why? What turned us to be like that? Have we always been like that? Why in English language "I" is a capital letter. You know, one of the first things i have learned while growing up in Poland and studying Polish language at school was that we always put capital letter when referring to "You", "Your", Mr., Miss, Mrs., etc. It was a culture shock for me at the age of 15 to start using capital letter for the selfish "I" as opposed to my listener, my friend, my correspondent "You". So sometimes when you see me type my own "i", please don't mind me...I am just practicing being "me" once in a while.

It feels right to give you one of my recent works today. It is one of many "Colouring Pages". I have produced most of them while being inspired by my work with the disabled persons. I hope that one day I get to use my "Colouring Pages" as a form of therapy. It has been my therapy to draw it for sure!

My idea here is that whether you want to colour each circle a different colour or just colour the entire thing in one hue, it will serve it's purpose of getting your mind of everyday things. It will make you start thinking about nothing else but this picture. Or it will calm you enough to re-think your problems, your issues in a different view. This way my work of art will be a shared work of art. Egalitarian work of art. And definitely there is no one way of doing it either. I love choices because choices make a person special, a genius in his/her own way, and included.

Let me know what you think? How would you colour this? Would you decompose it into different colours, if so, how? Or would you simply go for the entire picture in one colour. Would you choose crayon, pencil or marker? Let me know. I am curious;)


No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...