Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Painting is All Done!

I took a day off all my other chores and firmly decided to finish V's portrait. So after a busy Monday the portrait is finally is here. From the beginning to start. A few weeks ago my son's dance partner showed up for a dance practice in this amazing head piece and a beautiful deep coloured dress. I just had to take some photos. Also, i knew right away that this was a material for a painting. Just beautiful! There is something Frida Kahlo about her here and the way she posed for me. Absolutely beautiful!







At first I made some delicate sketches on a parchment paper. I planned to to some ink painting on parchment  but when I transferred the sketch onto canvass and started to paint I was very satisfied with the way it was going. Then, after a week long break from painting, I finally have it completed.


I think I will do my son's portrait next. But this time I will try my idea with ink on parchment paper. I would like it to turn somewhat see through like stained glass. I am so excited! I can't wait to show you!


No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...