Monday, June 12, 2017

I Won't Go Hungry

Last Saturday my son had a graduation and a closing ceremony at the Japanese school. As every year it ended with a potluck lunch. As soon as it was announced that the lunch was open all the children rushed to the tables to be the first ones to pick up food. My son was one of them. After a while he came to me with a plate full of food. And as he sat down he began pointing out pieces of karaage (fried chicken), chicken fingers, and couple of other goodies that he collected with me in mind. I cannot stress how proud and happy I was that he remembered about me! My only thought was that I would not ever go hungry with my son at my side! My son took care of me so well! And then he disappeared again into the never ending line up of people, adult members of the school. After a short while he came back again with chips, poky sticks, and more chips. "Mommy, all other things that you like you can pick up yourself" he said. I quickly answered not expecting anything, "But baby! Look at the line up! It will be impossible for me!" As soon as I finished the sentence my son disappeared once again. I kept seeing him as if he was surfing on waves. He appeared and disappeared in the sea of lined up people. After a moment he came back to our bench again with another plate of goodies. My baby, my nine year old took care of me like a grown up man! I will not hide that a tear surfaced and choked me for a moment.  

Endless Onigiri from Colouring Pages

If you let people be the best they can they will be just that and beyond! My nine year old son taught me so much! I have to carry this weekend in my heart forever to remember that lesson. I can only be thankful for such an amazing son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKaXY4IdZ40
When You Believe. Whitney Huston and Mariah Carey

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...