Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday with "A Broken Heart"

Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a great March break if you are in Canada!! It is ugly outside but we have to make the best of it and get those skates out, don't we!!




I can't believe I found this "Broken Heart". The other day I dug out all my sketch books and notebooks and on the bottom of the drawer this was smiling at me. We haven't seen each other for at least two years! It is hard to believe that it survived so many years on the wall in Poland, immigration to Canada, then storage (when we were in Japan), and finally my art supply drawer! I am glad it did.

I painted this in Poland in grade 5. I made do with whatever i had. Just like my first canvas, i got some of my mom's fabric, my dad's oil pants, we are talking the ones that you paint walls with! It was a left over paint from the time my dad and my brother had painted the hallway a la wood imitation. This painting doesn't even have a proper frame. I made it with a piece of cardboard! That is how much I needed to paint! Nothing was going to stop me! Not even the lack of materials!

Why did I paint it? Grade 5, there was a boy a few years older than me. His name was Jack. I am sure some of my friends from Tomaszow Lubelski have known him and about him. All we had was one day at my friend's birthday party and a few phone conversations after that. He was the most genuine, the kindest and the most gentle boy I had known. He was just good. He didn't really break my heart but he did leave me very sad for a long time. He had no control over the place and the time of his departure...

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...