Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tuesday with Spring Hatchlings

Spring is in the air! I can feel it! All this thinking about spring makes me think about eggs and Easter. It is coming in April. I like that time of year because i enjoy the Easter egg hunt. I enjoys how my son gets excited about finding all the eggs. I hope that this year we can invite his friends over to look for the chocolate eggs together!




This is a drawing of my little hatchling. I remember I had this picture on the display in the kitchen in Japan. My son used to love to look at himself being the subject of my art. The same with this one. Every once in a while we were sitting at the dinner table I would ask my son, "Who is this little elf?" and he would say "it is Olo!" And I would say, "you are my little elf!" He would giggle with glee. I am not sure why I chose to have him break out of an egg. I can't explain these things. On the contrary, my son didn't want to come out!  Three weeks before he was due he turned head up! He wanted to stay with mama. But the doctor decided to pull him right out one morning in May. My little elf forever!




 This is long before my son was even planned so this is a different type of hatchling. This is an idea, a theory that is coming to the world.  I drew this one when we lived in Kamikawa. I had a lot of time and ideas. I had a very artistically productive life. At that time I worked at a small junior high school in Misato, Saitama-ken. They celebrated my artistic spirit and enjoyed me being real, creative me! Life was good and I felt as if I caught God by His legs. I felt that the sun shone for me and the moon lit my way at night. It is easy to be a genius in that environment and hatch eggs of brave thoughts!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...