Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Okruchy (Crumbs)

I do apologise for not having a translation but if any of my friends who speak Polish and English would like to translate I will be more than happy to welcome the interpretation!

Okruchy
Zagarniam okruchy mojego zycia
Mam juz dwie rowne gorki
Duze choc troche wygladaja jak chleb
Te male sa jak karma dla ptakow
Co z nimi zrobic
Czy mam sie nimi nasycic?
Czy jak babka piaskowa napelnia apetyt
Poszczacego zebraka?
Mozyby je rozrzucic po katach mojej wiary?
I z palcami splecionymi jak dziecko
Czekac pokornie i w ciszy
Czekac tego co bedzie dalej.

Oj przybedzie znowu okruchow
I sprzatac mi sie juz nie chce.
Gdzie je zamiesc, gdzie schowac?
Czy bezwsydnie zostawic na stole?
Przyjda inni co wiedza, ze to moje
I powiedza doklanie co bylo.


Ewa Zdanowicz

Toronto, March 7th, 2017






I drew this one with pastels on paper. My husband was in Europe for an extended period of time last year. While he was trekking around Sarajevo, Lviv and Lublin and ate the best cuisine of Eastern Europe,  I missed having him home. When he came back to Canada and saw it, he was impressed with how I see him. We had a good laugh about the size of his arms. Well, he needs big arms to hold me and our son, right?



 These are three trees that used to grow in Chichibu, Japan. You  can see  (Mt.) Buko-san looking over our shoulders in the gentle light of a crescent moon. We were happy trees there. And as they say you don't replant old tree is somewhat true to us. Somehow we haven't just found our hearts in Canada yet!

This piece was part of Aleksander's Dream Box exhibition in Chichibu.

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...