Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thursday with My Family - My Inspiration

As you already know my family is everything to me. I get the most inspiration from them. Today I would like to share a few drawings I made all through the years.




This is a drawing of my little boy when he was about 1 years old. We had decided to take him of a trip to Mitsumine-guchi, the last stop on the Chichibu line. This picturesque station has a lot to offer because it is in the heart of the Oku-Chichibu Park. You can meet a group of monkeys there, have some tofu ice cream, and see an amazing outdoor museum of trains. This train ride was special because we took a steam locomotive that ran once a day. It was my son's first ever ride as well. I will never forget his little eyes full of surprise and fear when the world outside the window began to move! You can see it in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUI0tf5fPhc



This drawing of my husband is back from the times when we live at "Melrose Place" in Kamikawa, Saitama-ken. Artistically speaking it was a very productive period of my live. I had many notebooks with my poetry, sketchbooks and paintings. We also had a lot of time to drive around Japan just for me to stop and sketch or paint. 




This was a sketch for a painting which is still somewhere in a distant future. After finishing this drawing i looked at us and realised how we have changed, grew older. Our faces look so mature and serious even though we smile. Time is a very ruthless and non-negotiable thing. We should have the most respect for it, right beside love, water and fire!




No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...