Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Photography is a Blessing.

Photography, cameras, pictures. They stir opinion, convey information, teach new facts. They also freeze moments in time. Bring back memories of things, places, times, people that are long gone from your "now". The only downfall of it is that it cannot actually bring back the past and roll it out again into reality. Therefore, they create a lot of melancholy. But I will take it any day over forgetfulness and ignorance of fleeting time.

I look at pictures from the Sea of Japan. It seems like yesterday that we were sitting in warm sea water like two little girls. Our bums in water, legs out stretched in front. We were stirring sand with our fingers and fishing out beautiful stones. We were having our sincere, truthful, heart-to-heart girl talk. Honesty was truth, and truth set us free. It felt like "two princesses fixing each other's crowns".




Then, I remember how we drove to the nearest shop by the sea. You were stirring the wheel and I was navigating my "to the left! To the right!" Driving teenager style. I am smiling when I write this. That weekend camping on the beaches of Niigata and Yamagata should not go away forgotten. I remember because of this one picture. I love photography. I don't know why you came back to me today...maybe it was that solar eclipse...I don't know. I miss you, friend!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...