Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Conquistador of Truth

Today I was called a Conquistador of Truth for my posts at this particular blog. For my opinions, perceptions and remarks. Also, I was told to stay true to my heart by someone who recognised my innocent belief in good and being good regardless of others around me. So I dedicate this post to Truth. Because Truth will set me free.


I admire and applaud people when their are having true human emotions and when they are not afraid nor ashamed to show them. And I think that my blog is really about that. Even though it started as a way of showing my art and putting it in the context of my experiences, memories and emotions. This morning I witnessed a small scene as if taken from a movie, right in front of my eyes. There was an elderly couple in front of me in the line up to the cash register at a supermarket. A woman was a small, delicate looking lady with long grey hair. You could sense she went thought a lot in her life.  There was a gentlemen with a cane with her. He was limping. Nevertheless, he tried to be very helpful. He kept putting grocery out of the cart and with each item asked, sort of a permission, if it was ok the way he did it. She was on the other side of the register "bagging" the scanned items. When all of the items from the shopping cart were out. The gentleman secretively reached into a bucket with flowers and quickly put a bunch of red roses on the counter and placed a $20 bill on them, I am thinking, so that his partner wouldn't find out how much it cost or paid for them. 

The cashier and I exchanged a few good smiles and looks. I bet we both were thinking the same thing. It was too cute and too nice. And no matter what age or status they were it was just plain romantic! Once the transaction was complete, the older gentleman pulled out the flowers and gave them to the lady. She seemed like a little girl. She looked around at me and the cashier and saw us smiling. Her eyes were saying: "What is this for? You really should have!" It was so cute. The cashier and I exchanged another share of wishful thinking looks and they were gone from the store. 

Of course we don't know who these people are and how they are towards each other on daily basis, behind the closed door. I am just saying those little moments of love and appreciation are worth living for. Sometimes we speak different love languages and it is important to decipher that one nice gesture the other is doing to make us feel special. But also, it is important to do these gestures on daily basis. Don't take relationships for granted and expect the other to just know and feel that they are being loved. A small gesture goes a long way!

Ewa. Age 44

Have a wonderful night my friends! I will talk to you in a few days. I have just celebrated  my 44th birthday. Yay! So I have been busy, speed-growing-up-to-being -44. On top of that I have been trying to finish a painting. Once that is done  I will be writing more often, I promise. At least until the next painting.

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...