Monday, August 28, 2017

Mama's Pride and Joy

A few weeks ago my son and I went to our friendly local convenience store - Milk Mart. We went there to make some copies of planes from an aviation book that my son never parts. I stood behind shelves by the photocopier but I could hear a commotion by the counter. It was about my son. An older lady was talking to the shop keeper asking something about my child. Naturally, I got interested and went towards them to investigate. I walked and thought that "this better be positive because at this point I am not prepared to fight older ladies at the friendly local Milk Mart!" Indeed, I couldn't have wished for a better reply. The store keeper informed me that the woman was asking who the little boy's mother was. He quickly pointed to me. The lady made a few steppes closer to me and said," I just want you to know that your son is most likely the best raised and the best mannered boy in the neighbourhood! He is extremely thoughtful and always says his greetings and thank yous. So whatever you are doing you are doing so well! Congratulations." She had no idea how much it meant to me! She not only made my day, my week, my year. But probably she made my decade! I finished copying all the pictures with air planes from the book, paid and I twirled out of the store like a proper proud mama should!



A few days after that another older lady stopped me on the street. We always meet her on the street with her two little miniature puddles. She complemented my son on his manners. I admit, I always take time to explain to him the importance of appropriate respect that is owed to older people. This lady could not believe that such a small boy could be so polite and respectful. She also admired how he always walks with me holding his mama's hand. I have to say that he is growing up now and begins to question the necessity of that ritual. But I just tell him that this is how you walk with a person that you love and care for...in case they fall or something of that sort. Besides it is automatic that the person you care for is also the person that you cannot let go! It works every time! I hope he always holds my hand...in case I trip or so! My perfect little man! A gentleman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa44VcnMxnk

I know, I know. I need to get with the program. I understand that I will have to eventually let go of his hand and let another girl hold him. But I am just saying that I am not ready yet. Not today, not tomorrow, not this or next year!! And I don't care who know it!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...