Monday, December 18, 2017

Merry Christmas to Mama

Last Friday we decided to open our presents on Sunday because of our getaway to Cuba tomorrow. By that time I managed to get all the presents in order for Santa to claim his jobs well done. My son kept a very good inventory of all of the colourful packages under the tree and took notice of every new one. He just kept asking why Santa had not left my present yet! He was very concerned about that. So finally Saturday evening he sat me down on the sofa and asked what would happened if Santa had actually missed my present? I told him that maybe Santa had perceived me as a "naughty girl" this year for some reason. He didn't want to accept my answers. I could see the growing concern that it was almost Sunday and there was nothing under the tree for me.

We all got home Saturday evening. I was in the kitchen making snacks for our family evening with a movie. We call it "paaty" with a Japanese accent which actually means 'a party' in Japan. So I was standing in the kitchen getting ready dips, fruits, veggies, and chips. But I could hear a commotion in the bathroom. Crumpling of paper, scissors and slamming of the closet door. Finally, it stopped. My son was back in the kitchen to bother me about presents. He asked about daddy's presents and other Christmas affairs.  At one point, I passed by the Christmas tree and noticed a blue card underneath and a small present, obviously packed by my son. I pretended not to notice them and walked on but inside my heart was melting. I wanted to jump out of my skin and dance. He made me feel special and so happy as a mother. He was saving my honour! My little knight! He didn't want me to think that I was on a naughty list with "Santa" so he made a little package and a card for me! My brave knight! I love him beyond my life! Whatever was there in that crumpled ball of wrapping paper was the best gift a mother could get!

Sunday. After my sons'd dance competition we got home, got into comfy clothes and proceeded with the presents. My son was in charge of the order of all packages and the ceremony. Naturally, it was noticed that a present "from Santa"(wink wink) magically appeared that morning. It was addressed for me.



I got my first present handed to me. It was that blue card. I looked at it. The big letters spelled "MArry Christmas!" I smirked. "I am loving it!" I thought. But I was not ready for the attachment that was waiting for me inside. So I opened the card and there it was a drawing of my Christmas tree and taped to it there was some 50 or 60 cents in small change! My little angel, my knight! He gave me what he could to make me feel good. Love love love! I laughed uncontrollably for a good 5 minutes. Wow! Children are amazing, honest and loving beings. I wish I could preserve my little knight forever. But I know this little knight will one day turn into a regular King Arthur. Now I know for sure!



Merry Christmas, friends! I want to wish you all that you dream of and all that you are hoping for in the new year. I am sending all my love to You. Thank you for following me on my journey for sanity and mental health. It has been a great blog year for me, all thanks to You. ALL thanks to your support and positive energy! I am very lucky to have you with me! I promise to be back next year 2018!
Feliz Navidad for my family and me. Hello Cuba!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...