Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Time

Last Saturday I attended my son's Christmas Assembly/Show/Party at his Japanese school. One of the classes prepared this famous song Ojisan no Tokei (Granddad's Watch) It talks about this clock tick tacking and ticking like a beat of this man's heart. As the grand daddy slows down the watch slows down bt keeps going. And at the end, well, we all understand the story. It got me thinking about time. It is very important to me. Precious. And it is unforgiven if somebody wastes my sacred time. It is important to always be on time and never make others wait because it is disrespectful and wasteful of somebody's life. I have always been very faithful to this principle to never ever be late. A set date is written in stone for me. An appointment, interview, meeting must always start and be attended on time if not early.

List Do Sw. Mikolaja (Letter To Santa)

So here I am thinking, when has it become important to me - time? When I was young I never thought about time running away, passing. I never rushed to do things because of lack of time. Nagging, hurrying time didn't exist, until one day. I did some digging in my art and found this painting. Hence, I can put an actual date and place on when time became important to me. It was when for the first time in my life I desired to posses a watch! And here is it! Kashiwara, Japan, December 2002! We are living in between Osaka and Nara. We cycle a lot. We spend a lot of time as a couple, in fact so much that there isn't a lot of time nor opportunity to argue. I work at a private language school, (juku). We have a two store house, provided by my boss for $200 a month. We raise two lovely but naughty cats. I teach all ages in afternoons and evenings. The work is demanding and very exhausting but gives a lot of satisfaction since I feel appreciated. Then, after work we go for walks by the river or local sento (baths). On weekends we get to know Osaka by bike, participate in many local and not so local festivals. We rent movies at Tsutaya or picnic in front of our house. The owners of my school also own a little but locally very well known winery and a liquor store. We could always count on good wine for our dinners and evenings. Great time. Is this why I decide to measure it? Section it into little millimeters on the face of my watch? Analyse this, my friends!

Time - Pink Floyd

This piece was created as my letter to Santa. It was my artistic outlet as well a way of making it clear and easy for my husband to do Christmas shopping. I remember that year i got the most beautiful Seiko watch with dark blue face and silver arms. It was fed by sunlight. This watch made it a true pleasure to keep track of time and pressure it to  be consistent and mine always!

Today is an anniversary of that Saturday in December when they didn't have TELERANEK for kids in Poland, 13 December, 1981. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...