Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Cats Purr like Binural Beats

Last night me and my tortoise shell cat Cheecciolina relaxed on the couch while watching "Wallander" series. The rest of the home was fast asleep while we enjoyed the atmosphere of the movie. Cheecciolina was purring so loud that she overshadowed my interest in the movie and Kenneth Branaugh! I decided to put my ear to her belly. It was so loud and so comforting at the same time. That moment brought a thought to my mind. A Cat's purr has the same effect as binural beats used for depression! I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I stayed like that for a while until she raised her head in protest, mind you, still purring out loud! I couldn't believe myself when I turned to her and said, "Thank you for that, Cheecciolina!" Inspired by that moment I decided to paint.


Are cats angels sent from Heaven to keep us sane? There is certainly something spiritual about them as rightly ancient Egyptian noticed that they deserve high esteem and reverence. They can be wild, ferocious, untamed. But they are always graceful, hypnotic and royal. Hats off to the goddess Bastet, half woman and half cat!

Have a Purrrfect day, friends!


No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...