Thursday, September 28, 2017

Feeling Grateful

Today I read that if you are thankful for your gifts first thing in the morning you are more likely to lose weight because of your positive outlook. So here goes at least 3 lb. of my body! The first 50 things I am thankful for this morning NOT in order of importance because they all are important and neccessary in my life:

1. For my travels in the past, present and the future
2. For being able to live in Japan for 11 years
3. For being able to experience life as a teacher
4. For being healthy
5. For being able to hear, see touch, smell, listen, and taste and feel
6. For Jazz24
7. For wine
8. For my wonderful mother and father
9. For my brothers and that are always there when I need them
10. For my heart and soul, my husband
11. For my incredible, inventive and artistic son
12. For genuine friends that surround me and appear like good angels when I need them. You know who you are. If not call me and I will personally explain why i am grateful for you! I know I know, I don't say thank you enough!
13. For being able to paint and draw
14. For colours
15. For all the wonderful food I can eat freely
16. For clean water in my tap
17. For being able safely walk on the streets without fear
18. All all these fifty billion of material things that I own
19. For Ste. Sault Marie
20. For all the trips to the sea
21. For all the shells i have that bring good memories
22. For God and Angels and Archangels above guiding me every day
23. For dancing and music
24. For my family that I have not mentioned in points 8 - 12
25. For wonderful teachers I had. I hope my son will say the same one day!
26. For IKEA
27. For Social assistance that allowed me a few times to admit my weakness and boost me to go on.
28. For amazing doctors who always keep me and my family in good shape.
29. For medicine that I can afford
30. For fresh fruit in the summer
31. For a free swimming pool
32. For Niagara Falls. An amazing place whichever way you look at it!
33. For Stratford and the theatre
34. For live bands
35. For beer and rum
36. For being able to visit Cuba
37. For gin and tonic
38. For crayons and other art supplies that i can freely afford to buy
39. For all the furniture I have
40. For soap and all toiletries
41. For shoes and nice clothes
42. For internet that keeps me close with my friends abroad.
43. For being able to afford internet, phone and all other high tech things
44. For my well mannered and talkative cat - Cheecciolina
45. For work that my husband has and the ability of supporting this family
46. For my balcony and the plants on in.
47. For the green thumb that my husband has
48. For all the designated drivers in my life
49. For freshly baked bread and the smell of it
50. For ability to sleep in clean sheets every night. Some don't have that comfort!
 To be continued...



This activity works so well when you are too busy to realise how lucky you are to have all the comforts in your life. Just think about it. Make a list of your own. I dare you my friend. Take out that pen and paper and start writing. My goal is to reach all 100 by tomorrow morning.  Go ahead! It will make you feel like a millionaire, the next genius of technology, the next most popular person in entertainment industry!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...