Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Summertime Contemplations


I had a wonderful lunch with a friend today. She made me realise something I have always known but somehow lost it in my noisy head and a busy heart for a while. The importance of staying sane. The importance of doing so with a little help of nature. It makes me extremely happy when I get away. I submerge myself with nature and the visual stimulation it provides for my senses. Every little detail, even something that seems very insignificant and small brings so much amazement. The picture below is one of my attempts at drawing reflections on water. I used to love trying my hand at sketching them. But before putting a pencil to paper I would sit there for hours and study. Maybe not even study, just admire and contemplate on every little detail that reflects with such perfection in a calm, steady water! I would hug every shape with my eyes, scan every colour, light and shade. I would analyse every detail carefully. There is something zen about it. It  relaxes and slows down the mind. Try. It is a great meditation.



I wonder why I chose purple for the dead trees. I read it somewhere that purple symbolises something magical, powerful and mysterious. A secret, something unexplained. It makes me wonder! I float away in contemplation...I need to get away from the city soon!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...