Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Sayonara

"Only death is perfect. It never happens imperfectly!" I heard it recently from the lips of Sadhguru. He is so right. The rest cannot possibly be perfect but it only can strive to do its best and fulfill its highest potential. And so we, the travellers in this journey called life, remain to strive to do our best for the rest of our days.

The 70's in our family

I am contemplating about issues of death and remaining because today my family has said goodbye to a very dear person. If I were to describe my memory of her i would use words like concerned about others, angelic, beautiful, gentle, giving, embracing, understanding, cheerful, tactful and did I say beautiful? She had a sweet soft voice and a great smile. I always looked at her from a distance and thought: "she is such a beautiful and graceful woman!"  And now this beautiful and graceful woman is gracing the spheres where angels and the Highest drink elixir of everlasting life. I think the scale has tilted irreversibly towards our disadvantage. Heavens vs Earth. We are loosing this race of  having the best people on our side. They are going too fast! But is has to be good there since nobody ever came back! So my favourite poem comes to mind again. Spieszmy sie kochac ludzi, tak szybko odchodza... Let's hurry to love people. They go away too fast...She has left us to meet her husband who was a very charismatic persona himself. I remember the last words he said to me. I was sitting in a car, driving away. He stood on the side of his driveway. He waved at me and said, "SAYONARA."  Today they sit together again hand in hand, soul to soul. They way I see them is on a boat that is floating on a very calm water. They sit together and slowly sip rum and coke. I see them smiling in perfect comfort and contentment...


We are left here without them. But we are not alone. We still have those around us to love, to cherish, to take care of, to hug, listen to and shower with attention. Ciocia and Wujek are still here with us, in our hearts and minds. Their lives in this world remind us to love the ones who remain with us.
My thoughts and prayers are with ciocia's immediate family. Her children, grandchildren, family and friends will have a hard time to fill the void. But we go on in hope to meet one day on that boat where they give out the best rum and coke you can find...Sayonara!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...