Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Prescription for Everyday

We have so much to be grateful for. But there is something else that two wonderful women have pointed out to me recently. It is very important to see yourself in a positive light. To see what is good and strong about yourself. Most of us come from a culture that condemns self adoration and self-recognition. It is seen as a distasteful and improper behaviour to recognise that we are good at something and that our strengths overpower our shortcomings. I am not saying that being self-centred
and egocentric is a positive thing. However, we need to find a moment to see what skills and positive characteristics there are in us.

Finally finished self-portrait, September 2017

Stand tall every morning and look at yourself in the mirror. See the beautiful and wonderful person that you are. Acknowledge your skills intelligence and knowledge. See yourself through eyes of your friends and co-workers and you will see how giving and friendly you are. You will see a person that everybody relies on because they know how smart, funny, and skillful you are. They know that whatever the task might be you will manage it and succeed. They know the beautiful and gentle you.

My friend, you are inspiring me to be a better person. You bring out the thinking woman that should be ambitious, skillful and quick. You make me feel special and bring out all the best qualities in me for which I am indebted to you forever. Because of you I survived some of the toughest trials in my life. You carry me and others like me in your life on your shoulders. And sometimes it gets very heavy, yet you say nothing. You go on! Amazing you! Persistent, understanding, strong, faithful friend. Weather your hair is red, black or blond, you are always beautiful and elegant. You are like a warm spring sunny day that carries your name! The world without you would NOT be the same.

We ourselves are our own biggest enemies and the toughest critics. We are ruthless and cruel to ourselves. We dismiss our superlatives and ignore potential. Stop I say! Look, listen, feel and smell if you have to! Open your eyes and your heart to the new supersonic You! Apply this twice a day everyday for as long as needed. And this is the truth you should know and adopt in your heart.

Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...