Tuesday, October 02, 2018

On Not Having Time

Once I heard a sermon about people saying that they have no time. The priest heavily criticised those who are saying it with regards to visiting their elderly, spending time with their children, praying/meditating, participating in causes that help others. I hear this expression so often that i think it has become our daily mantra, or if i can put it in more negative light, our daily mental venom. But do we really have no time? If I ask about the latest episode of America Can Dance or whatever is in right now, I would get a detailed answer about the recent developments. Therefore, it is not that we have no time for ourselves or our families. It is a matter of organisation and priorities, as my nephew rightly stated. I will just add that it is also about the will of doing it. We don't have time for things that are not important to us or of low priority. So stop and think, what activities surround your day?

We all have time. We just need to stop for breath and answer ourselves what is important to us. To me the world could be swept by a tsunami and the crevices in the crust of the Earth could be swallowing Downtown Toronto but my family is my absolute Number 1. There is always time for them. In fact to be to be a good person means to be able to dedicate myself to them and their well being. They complete me, they make me, they will always stand by me. A lot of peace and trust comes from this statement. After all there is only here and now! It is continuous or maybe infinite.

My One and Only, September 2018


And this recent piece I painted is reflecting that exact thought. I have finally finished my triptych. The family is now complete. I found time for that with pleasure!

Zdanowicz Family, 2018

If you or your family members need a portrait, please let me know. It makes an incredible gift for a birthday or anniversary. I am available and will paint a portrait in one week. I have very reasonable prices and will paint from a picture to save your time and make it easier if you are planning a surprise. I will ship your painting for additional price depending on the shipping rates.

Love and hugs! Don't forget! YOU HAVE TIME FOR EVERYTHING!


No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...