Saturday, December 21, 2019

Hello! Would You Buy A Zodiac Sign?

Today, my very good friend and I went out to the world to sell some of my art that has been in the dark corners of my studio for way too long. I took out my 12, well 11 Zodiac signs and went  downtown Toronto to see how it would sell. At first, we sat in front of the City Hall where I thought I would meet with some connoisseurs of the souvenir world, the tourists. I am one from time to time and I know I'd rather choose to buy original art over any piece of plastic produced in China any day! Therefore, with a great confidence and a pure heart I went out to the world.

Zodiac Sign Collection

Some smiled and passed by. Some knelt before my art and scratched their beards in a deep, deep thought. Some politely declined. One stopped and said that she didn't understand in Japanese. I jumped right in and explained to her the theme of my drawings. Unfortunately the one she wanted was sold on Saturday. Only one pretended not to see us when we said hello. There is hope!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...