Friday, July 14, 2017

Vignettes from a Vinegary Busy Week

I walked on Eglinton Avenue yesterday. I was relaxed and calm. I walked towards my moms home smiling to "passer - bys" and thinking disconnected thoughts. I passed all kinds of people. Good looking, successful looking, teenage looking and stressed looking people. A healthy mix of temperaments. Then, from far away I saw an older woman with very long, silvery - blond hair. I thought, " My lady, you have a very nice set of hair!" It was a very loud thought! I slowly walked closer and closer towards her. As I got next to her, I noticed that she was looking right at me. She smiled back and nodded as if saying ,"yes! Yes I do!" in accord to my thought. I loved that moment.

Fire, Misato, Japan. December 2004

Today. I found myself very late at Pape Subway station. As I reached the top of stairs I noticed a women on my right. She was waiting for the station elevator.  She looked very familiar but I couldn't tell you where from. It will bother me for the longest time! Her had perfectly arranged, dark, short spiky hair, as if she was a hairdresser. She had a mid size suitcase that was most likely too heavy to carry on the stairs. At some point she turned away from the elevator and noticed me looking at her. At that same time our gaze-off was cut buy a crowd of  people. "Where do I know you from? If you know me you will keep looking at me." I passed  the wall of crowds and she was still looking at me! I knew her! Where did I know her from? It will really bother me. I cannot stand when I don't remember people. I love to remember every person that crossed my way! If not by name, then, by the situation or a place we have met.

Where do I know her from? Gosh! Don't you hate that!?

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...