Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Moments are Sacred

Moments make up our lives. There is a Polish song by DZEM. It states that moments are the only thing that are beautiful in life. I agree. But also, I think that moments are little segments of a saga that we call life. When sewn up together they make up the memory of our lives. What we felt, did and saw. Today, I checked my Facebook account and found a suggested memory from two years back. And there we were, the three musketeers, mama, tata and Olo. I shared it after writing: "Momenty sa swiete. Male momenty takie ulegle i delikatne. Mijaja. Choc na zawsze kochane zostaja, nidgy nie wracaja. Szanujmy, kochajmy momenty!" I translate: "Moments are sacred. Little moments are so delicate. They pass. And although they are loved forever, they never come back. Let's respect, love our moments."

I think I got influenced by the Polish radio today. I listened to a little segment about Polish actors. That got me thinking about Polish poets. One of them was a Nobel Literary Prize winner, Wieslawa Szymborska. She wrote, "Nothing can ever happen twice. In consequence, the sorry fact is that we arrive here impoverished and live without the chance to practice." I feel so lucky to be able to ready her poems in her native language! However ,this translation by Stanislaw Baranczak and Clare Cavanagh are not so shabby!  

I will celebrate my birthday this weekend so maybe that also had something to do with the fact that I started contemplation on how fleeting live is. So I decide to celebrate my moments. Every single one of them! This attitude can only cure every unhappy thought and every depressed feeling. 

My Hairdresser, 2017

Oh and yes! I wanted to tell you that I have finally and happily finished another portrait. I finished it last night and this morning already, I sold it! Yay! No congratulations though. It was commissioned by the client and the subject of the painting. However, when I was delivering the finished product I got a new client! Yay and yay! I am so lucky! What an amazing moment!

I have to go to sleep now. I wish you all only happy and rewarding moments tomorrow.  Remember they are sacred!

No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...