Saturday, August 05, 2017

Barber's Portrait

After delivering the hairdressers portrait I was offered another commission. A barber who rents a chair at the same salon asked me to do his painting. He made one request, however. He asked me to do it in black and white. I agreed without realising how challenging it would be. The biggest problem I had was establishing different hues of grey for different colours. It took me a week to complete, loads of  oxide black, titanium white, a touch of phthalocyanine blue. And here is it.

Step 1. On paper

 Step 2. On canvass
 Step 3. First coat of paint
 The finished product. Barber. August, 2017

I dropped it off yesterday but it was busy so the barber had no time to unwrapped his painting. But this morning when i came to ask if he was happy with it. Both, the owner of salon and the barber were all smiles and happy. I am glad I could freeze them forever on canvass. And at the same time, I am leaving something behind. I small footprint of my own self.

Have a great long weekend, friends!


No comments:

I Cherish The Day

I cherish the day when beauty and goodness is seen just as that. As opposed to naive, childish and stupid. naive /nʌɪˈiːv,nɑːˈiːv/ Learn to ...